Sunday, October 23, 2016

OpenOffice Vs Microsoft Office

The last open source software I chose to review was OpenOffice. I did so because I had no idea that it existed. Although our school offers MS OFFICE for free, I’ve had a few situations blocks when my software wasn’t responding and I had to look for online word processors to finish my homework. I recently came into a problem with my MS Excel not opening and I almost missed the deadline of my second job. I had to use my MacGyver skills to turn in my work. But with Open Office by Apache I now have a secure backup plan that works just as good as Microsoft Office Suits. The fact that Open Office offers the same programs as Microsoft with the same functionality makes Open Office a wonderful choice. The Open Office Writer looks so much like Microsoft Word I don’t even miss Word. Unlike Mozilla Firefox and Audacity, this open source software seems to be neck and neck with its predecessor competitor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment