Sunday, November 13, 2016

PODCASTS.COM


Title: Keeping It Reel 1: Awards Rundown

What caught my eye was the play on words in the name of this podcast. Because it is a podcast that does reviews on movies keeping it REEL instead of REAL really stood out. This is a podcast that was run by 90’s radio host Phil Gordon who goes by the moniker Film Gordon, being that he sees himself as sort of a movie expert. He does a few different movie reviews and even gives advice for movies to see that came out before he had the podcast to review them.

This was the 1st episode that was according to Phil, 8 months in the making.

This is a podcast that features a call-in number which allows the listener to be active and not by email but live phone call which takes me back to my introduction to podcasts. Some of the movies that were spoken about were: Twilight New Moon, Pressure and Armor which all seemed to have a decent storyline for the viewer to enjoy. Me personally I wouldn’t go out of my way to see those movies but after hearing about them I could picture myself seeing what they are about… maybe when the get to Redbox.

After writing this review I noticed this podcast had no RSS feed
http://www.podcasts.com/keeping_it_reel_with_filmgordon_blog_talk_radio_feed

No comments:

Post a Comment